As artists, we appreciate how precious our sight is. When asked to donate our work to a variety of causes, we carefully choose organizations that best align with our values and truly appreciate and honour our gift. It is for this reason that we are donating an original piece of art, created specifically for the Canadian National Institute for the Blind (CNIB) Eye Appeal Art Event. We hope that you too will donate a presentation-ready piece of your work, in support of some 4,500 residents on Vancouver Island who are blind or partially sighted…
Your generous donations have cumulatively raised over $1 million dollars to help the CNIB. It feels good to give to such a relevant cause and also to be appreciated and see your work receive such great public exposure. The Artist’s Reception at the Victoria Conference Centre, in Carson Hall, on Thursday May 11, 2017 is CNIB’s way of thanking you for your support. The reception is open to the public and will be advertised in local media – it is the largest public exhibition of work on Vancouver Island. As a contributing artist, you will be given e-tickets to distribute to your clients. Your artwork will also be posted online with a link to your website.
- Donations required by March 31, 2017
- Artists’ Reception and Public Viewing: Thursday May 11, 2017 (please RSVP on your donation form or to Colette Baty at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Eye Appeal Gala Event (ticketed event): Friday May 12, 2017
- Send an electronic copy of the piece that you are donating (jpeg) as soon as you can so we can post it on our Facebook Page
- Let us know if you are creating a piece specifically for the event so we can acknowledge you
- Contact Colette Baty at email@example.com if you want us to pick up your donation, or feel free to drop it off to CNIB at 2340 Richmond Road